VIVA’s Top 10 Beach Reads for 2015
| 4th June 2015
Summer has arrived! If you are looking for some poolside page-turners to read on your holidays this year then you’re in the right place. VIVA has put together a top ten list of perfect books to read on the beach this summer. Whether you prefer Kindles or Paperbacks, Romance or Mystery, Classics or Modern Fiction, there is something for everyone on this top ten list of perfect summer reads.
1. Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding – It doesn’t matter if you have read it more than once or not at all. Bridget Jones is a fun and easy read that is perfect for the beach. Reacquaint yourself with the loveable Bridget or read her laugh-out-loud story for the first time.
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – The addictive number one best-seller that everyone is talking about. If you haven’t had a chance to read it yet, then now is the perfect time to get lost in a fast paced thriller about the dark side of marriage.
3. The List of My Desires by Gregoire Delacourst – A wonderful heart-warming novel about what we value in life and our search for happiness. This thought-provoking story is a sweet novella that will not disappoint.
4. Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey – This Sunday Times Top Five Bestseller is a stunning debut novel from a new author who won the Costa First Novel award last year. You won’t be able to put down this compelling story about dementia.
5. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg – The debut novel from YouTube phenomenon Zoe Sugg, aka Zoella is a sweet and simple read, a perfect addition for your summer reading list.
6. The Sun In Her Eyes by Paige Toon – Paige Toon never disappoints with her fun chick-lit novels, make sure you check out her latest book, The Sun In Her Eyes.
7. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – Winner of the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, All The Light We Cannot See is a beautiful and stunning ambitious novel about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide as they both try and survive the devastation of World War II.
8. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – Why not enjoy one of the classics this summer? To Kill a Mockingbird is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary and is still got its honourable place on the Waterstones Bestsellers list. If you love To Kill a Mockingbird, then you will love Harper Lee’s new novel called Go Set a Watchman.
9. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger – The best-selling novel is still just as popular as it was in 2003. If you love the film and have never read the novel it was based on, why not give it a read this summer?
10. A Song for Issy Bradley by Carys Bray – A new novel that is getting a lot of attention is A Song for Issy Bradley, this character-driven story explores the effects of grief for a Mormon family.